View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #3
jeremy

Hey Alban,

Thanks for the reply. I'm excited to work with you to a resolution. If there's anything you need from me, just let me know!

I actually rebuilt my computer from scratch and am running the same version of Windows, Office, and the new 8.2 driver so I can see what my testers are seeing. Regarding the screen refresh issue, I was able to replicate one example on my PC that may or may not be related. I have attached it and titled it "screen_issue1". Additionally, one of my testers reported another example of an issue there were seeing that may potentially be redraw. I have titled that screenshot "screen_issue2".
On screen_issue1, the application is a chat window in Skype for Business 2016 with OWA email through Chrome in the background. The border of the chat window is visible, but the contents are entirely invisible. I am able to move the window around, resize it, and even click on buttons that would normally exist within the window. Unplugging and replugging the dock did not reset the window.
On screen_issue2, the user is potentially seeing screen redraw or artifacts left behind. A reboot/unplug typically solves this issue.

For the machine crash, I do a memory minidump and it is saved on the local server. I will be moving to our primary office after hours so I don't choke the WAN link. These PCs are relatively new (3-4 months) and received updated drivers from Dell via the Dell Command Update tool. I understand that new drivers come out, but would a 3-4 month old driver make the difference?

I'm currently using SCCM install the MSI for 8.2 on my test PCs so we should be good there. I was curious because we've seen a good number of errors in the event viewer with the Dell Giga Ethernet part of the driver either resetting or failing. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_issue1.jpg (6.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg screen_issue2.jpg (94.3 KB, 2 views)
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote