View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
ken

Default Windows UAC prompt appears on new connection

Hi,
We use Toshiba USB2 and USB3 dynadocks. I have loaded all the drivers using the Corporate Install (along with separate ethernet drivers for use on USB2 docking stations), and it all appears fine.

However, when I change workstations and sit at another desk (out of a possible 120 desks in the office), I have a UAC prompt appear. Clicking on More Details, and it shows that 'newdev.exe' want to run USB\vid_17e9&pid_02aa\nnnnnnn

I can disable this prompt by modifying the ConfigFlags to '0' in the registry location: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\....
but the problem is a matter of timing. There's 120 possible docking stations to plug into, and if I go to a new workstation, the prompt will reappear.

Is there any other way to disable this? When I enter my admin credentials, it has the DisplayLink Setup wizard wanting to install a newer version. Is there a setting I need to check to see why it's still checking for updates even though I have the Corporate install installed on the computers?

Thanks!
ken is offline   Reply With Quote