View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
cluberti

Default DL-195 chipset, Samsung Series 7 slate, and VGA...

I've got a device (plugable UGA-2K-A) with a DisplayLink DL-195 chipset and I'm attempting to use it with a Samsung Series 7 slate running Windows 8 CP. The issue I'm running into is that this particular device + Samsung Series 7 slate + DVI to VGA adapter are producing green horizontal lines, and has been tested against multiple displays to verify the repro is not display device dependent. Note I have tried this combination with a homebrew desktop and an HP 8540w laptop (running Windows 7 and Windows 8 CP, respectively) to the same displays using the VGA adapter without the issue.

Note I haven't tried the Series 7 and this device+VGA adapter with Windows 7 yet, although the fact it works properly on other machines would seem to indicate it's not a Windows 8 problem or a problem with the hardware itself. It seems to be specific to the Series 7 and the VGA adapter - the DVI and HDMI out adapters work properly.

I grabbed the latest version of the Windows software from the /download page, although testing with an older 6.2 version I had didn't make a difference either for what it may be worth.

Other than gathering a troubleshooting log, anyone have any ideas why this would fail on this device combination particularly?