View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #5
richard_f

I'm going to assume from the lack of response that this is not a common problem with a known fix.

I've also noticed that while streaming video the ethernet connection randomly drop. The laptop then switches the connection to wifi, which is nice, but it interrupts the video stream. I've deselected enable USB suspension in power management based on some other threads I found here. Time will tell if that will help.

At this point I'm ready to return the dock, even if Amazon hits me with a 15% restocking fee. The question is, what to do next? Can anyone recommend a USB 3 or USB C dock that might be a little more stable? If it's a software issue that may not be much help, unless there's another dock that's using a different chipset or firmware.

I've ordered a little USB 3 hub to at least handle that part of what I wanted the dock for. For the time being I'll just live with one external monitor connected to the laptops HDMI port.

I wish I had known that the USB docks could be this problematic. I might have gone with a business class laptop that had a proprietary dock.

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.
richard_f is offline   Reply With Quote