View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
ptallett

Default BSOD with new drivers

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Tech Preview and my StarTech USB32DPPro didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the (OLD) drivers 7.6.57633.0 and it started to work although is not very stable (display refresh issues, BSOD when waking from sleep, blank screen, frozen display) but it works most of the time.

I tried installing the new beta drivers but my machine crashes immediately when I install them (page fault in DLKMD.SYS). I also saw the drivers come through on Windows Update, but again my machine BSOD's when I let them install so I have had to hide the update. I am running two 2560x1600 displays, one off DisplayPort and one off the DisplayLink adaptor.

I am scared to uninstall and clean install as I will have lost the old drivers and my machine will probably blue screen on boot (I suppose I could unplug the adaptor).

Is the USB32DPPro supported with this new set of drivers? All the posts talk about DisplayLink docks which I don't have.

I've also recently started seeing BIOS errors and POST failures - is this related? I have an Intel NUC with Haswell i5 and Iris graphics.

Help! My machine is very unhappy!

Thanks!

Last edited by ptallett; 10-23-2014 at 08:38 PM.