View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #43
AaronC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes, we're aware of the issue with the NVIDIA drivers and compatibility with DisplayLink. We're working on a fix for this, but due to the way the NVIDIA driver is interacting, it's not an easy change.

Downgrading the NVIDIA graphics driver to an earlier version should work, however they are pushing out the newer version on Windows update, so as soon as you downgrade, Windows 8 might be helpfully upgrading it again for you.

Wim
As I mentioned in a previous post, I did roll back my drivers and it didn't fix the issue (and I didn't mention that I also got hold of an even older driver that would install, but also didn't work). I also have my auto update switched off and windows didn't automatically update my driver. And as far as I have seen, there hasn't been one person that said rolling back their drivers worked (the only ones were random where people have claimed to do the same thing 5 or 6 times where suddenly it worked, but most people clearly can't replicate this)

Also I don't want to be one of those annoying whingers, but the only reason I haven't posted another reply until now was that I was getting annoyed with this whole situation, so I was waiting in the hope a solution would soon appear. It is clear that most people are having the exact same problem, so if it were my business and I was handling the problem I would at least put up a statement telling everyone that I was aware of the problem and that there unfortunately doesn't seem to be a quick fix, and then I would tell people we were working on a solution and give them a rough date by which we would have either a solution to the problem, or at least more information. Anyway, just saying that that is what I would do
AaronC is offline   Reply With Quote