View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #12
bradhs

Wow, you described my issue almost to the T... ThinkPad T410s with Nvidia Switchable graphics in High-Performance mode. Currently docked with a DVI (24" middle) and VGA (19" right) monitors driven by the Nvidia discrete video card. And a Lenovo DisplayLink M01061 driving a VGA (19" left) monitor.

Issue is when my monitors go to sleep (not the computer) and I am currently logged in. When I try to wakeup the monitors the middle monitor will usually not wake up and I end up only being able to press CTRL-ALT-DEL which wakes up the monitors and also gets me to the options screen where I can lock the computer, log off etc..

What I normally do to resolve the issue (since a reboot each time this happen would render this setup completely useless) is to click "Switch User" then relogon, this will take me back to a blank screen, but if I wait 1 minute it will eventually blink its way back to normal again.

M01061 DisplayLink - v5.5.27797.0 - Driving one monitor

NVidia NVS 3100M - v8.16.11.8955 (Lenovo's most recent release) - Driving two monitors

Intel HD Graphics - v8.16.11.8955 Sitting pretty not doing anything since I'm in High-Performance graphics mode.

Please let me know what I can do contribute to getting this fixed.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishbosh02 View Post
The issue is that my screens never comes back from power save mode.

(the system worked fine before installing Displaylink drivers).

With V5.4 beta I had the same issue so upgrade to 5.5b but the fault changed to my Nvadi Vido driver kept crashing, windows would recover from this issue.

So I upgraded to the latest version of NVIDIA video driver, still have the issue but now have the blank screen again

Control+Alt+Del will bring back the logon screen but if I hit escape it goes blank again, I have to switch users to bring it back.

I have ran the debug tool see file