View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #93
martinreed

My system is a mid-2009 27" iMac with a 20" Samsung monitor in portrait (rotated) mode on the left, connected to the built-in displayport, and a 24" Benq monitor, also in portrait mode on the right, connected via an HIS Multi-View II DisplayLink adaptor.

I use the Benq/DisplayLink for all my messenger programs, so the lower performance of USB adaptors is not a problem, as it only has to display mostly static primarily textual information.

I had held off upgrading from 10.6.8 until now, because some apps and utilities that I rely on were still PowerPC only, not yet Intel or Universal, so when I finally decided to upgrade, it was straight from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 and it was there that I found the problem with 10.7.3 and rotated displays.

I've read through all the postings on this forum, and I have similar symptoms to many other users, of a blue screen on my left and centre (built-in) screens, and flickering black on the USB-powered screen. However, I have got around the problem for the moment by moving all the messengers onto their own screen in Mission Control and leaving the USB-attached screen switched off. Not ideal, but a workaround. I'd imagine that my "DisplayLink Information" zip file will be the same as everyone else's but have attached it anyway.

I've also read on the net about the possibility of downgrading the OS from 10.7.3 to 10.7.2, and it seems to be universally considered to be a bad idea, so I will just stick with the situation I have, rather than trying to make it worse.

However, like many other posters to this forum, I would be very keen to be an alpha or beta tester for any 1.7.1 or 1.8 driver, as I am very very keen to get my third screen operational again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (358.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by martinreed; 02-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.
martinreed is offline   Reply With Quote