Thread: Beta 2 Bugs
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #26
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silpa View Post
I installed 1.7b2 on a machine running a GM of Lion. Immediately, after the restart I noticed the following things.

1. If I have autologin disabled then the system boots to the login screen but doesn't display any users. Basically, all I see is the gray wallpaper.

2. Once I enable autologin, the restart is gets me into my desktop. From there the dock is non-editable. For instance, try to drag an app into the dock. You cannot. You have to launch the app, right click on the icon in the dock, go to options, keep in dock. You also cannot remove an app, by dragging it out of the dock.

3. The system takes a lot longer to shut down and reboot.

Once I remove the driver, the system functions normally. The display hooked up to the displaylink adapter does work, but these performance issues make it hard to keep it installed and in use.
Just another couple of checks for the dock issue, could you please run the following command in a Terminal and post the output:
ls -al ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

The dock could be non-editable if the permissions on this file are set as read only for the user.
Could you also please check in the Accounts preferences if the Parental control is active (there is an option called "Allow User to Modify the Dock")?
Thanks for your help