View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
jepster

Question Ubuntu 16.10: 2-3 power on and offs needed, to make the displays work on my laptop

Dear DisplayLink team,

firstly I want to thank for the good hardware. I am using the Dell DisplayLink 3100 docking station, which is plugged on a laptop. If I managed to make them work by a few restarts, they are helping me at work.

Description of my issue:
After I press the power on button of my laptop, I cannot login into Ubuntu 16.10. The login form is displayed correctly and the displays are showing the background image of my desktop correctly. However, after I submit the login form, all displays are frozen. I need to hit the power off button of my laptop and start the machine again. Afterwards I need to submit the form again. Sometimes the displays are initialized correctly then and sometimes they do not. Usually I need 2-3 laptop restarts, to login into a user session, where the displays are initialized correctly.

After I get a correctly working user session, the screens are "sometimes" frozen, when I click on the settings button. Then I need to hit the power off button of my laptop again and the process from above starts again.

Attached is the zip-file, which has been generated by the "DisplayLink Linux Support Tool (1.2.17)" - the 64 bit version. I am using the Nvidia open source driver (Nouveau), since the proprietary driver from Nvidia is not supported.

Please let me know, what I can do to fix my issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip computer_2016-10-29T14:51:47.701337.zip (943.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by jepster; 10-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.
jepster is offline   Reply With Quote