View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
mlukaszek

It is hard to tell exactly what's happening, but DisplayLinkManager clearly has some problems with connecting to EVDI nodes on your machine - as in, I am certain that a call to evdi_connect fails, but it may even not get to this - our logging is not too verbose by default so can't tell for sure without a repro.

Is it possible that this started since an update of the package? Has it ever worked for you, using a previous version for example?

Note that we are unable to reproduce this with an identical device - running Ubuntu and official package though.

Edit: I managed to upgrade my FC23 installation to FC24 (running 4.6.6) and tried the RPM you linked with two identical ASUS monitors. As you see they worked for me. Obviously my host is different.

2016-08-17 11.04.41.jpg

Could you try with Ubuntu on your setup for comparison?

If possible I recommend trying with a shorter/better quality USB cable, and/or a connection through a powered hub.

You also mention that the monitors work with Windows. If you use another O/S, it's possible that a firmware package for the monitors is being changed upon connecting - and with these monitors it can take quite long (can be about 30 secs I think), and Linux driver does not show any notifications that this is happening.
Can you connect one of them and keep it connected for longer to be sure that the firmware image is fully flashed to it? The logo should appear for a moment, then the screen turns black during the update, then the logo should reappear for a moment and soon after this the driver should start displaying pixels. If this succeeds, try with the second screen.

Cheers,
Michal

PS: Sorry for a delay, it's a holiday season and things are a bit slower than usual

Last edited by mlukaszek; 08-17-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: displaylink -> displaying ;-)
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote