View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #23
cpo

Sorry, I gave up on this stuff. I've some work to do currently. No time to experiment with various DisplayLink issues. Fact is that if you work, you'll have some applications open. Browsers with several tabs, multiple terminals, maybe an IDE (intellij in my case), a mail client, chat, etc. I've a 21:9 screen with 2560x1080 pixels on it.

It turned out that the current DisplayLink integration isn't made for my setup. It feels like a proof of concept. Maybe it's ok do simple presentations over it. I don't know why you need a video to understand what ~30fps means. Its just slow. And eats up CPU cycles. And the notebook battery.

Finding applications that may lead to high CPU load because they do things "different" isn't an argument if you need these applications.

That's valid at least for the USB3 connected D3100. I've the Dell USB-C connector, too. But I never got it running with the external screen because of kernel oupses when the HDMI cable is plugged and all screens black.

As a result, I'm running the Notebook without any external screens for three months now. Still having the hope that it will get usable some time.
cpo is offline   Reply With Quote