View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Coolgear

Default Intermittant issues with HP Notebook And Sanyo Television

Relayed from our customer:
Quote:
Hi,
I got a USB to HDMI device. I'm running Windows 7 and it didn't work as advertised. I called for tech support but couldn't talk to anyone live.

I didn't get any install errors but couldn't get output to the HDMI on my TV. I tried HDMI 1 and 2 - neither worked, but both work for cable TV okay.

I went to DisplayLink and upgraded the software to 5.3. Still no output to HDMI

I went to DisplayLink knowledge base and found there was some issue with Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset (video) and igfxpers.exe being loaded at startup.

I unloaded igfxpers.exe from startup and got an output to HDMI and it worked great.

The next day I plugged back in and couldn't get any display again. I messed around rebooting, restarting DisplayLink service, moving HDMI ports and finally got it working again.

Tonight I plugged back in and couldn't get it to work.

When it works it works great - but I can't get it to work consistently. Any ideas. I want to keep it, but not if I have to fool around with it an hour each time I want to use it.
The product tests OK in our lab and we are unable do duplicate the issue he describes. I have a diagnostics output from the customer detailing both his computer and TV's specifications if a tech can contact me. I'll subscribe to this thread, or I can be emailed.