View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
radesix

Default Confirmed

I'm also having display issues with OSX Lion and the beta drivers. I've read all the posts and have the following updates/comments. On the surface the beta appears to work; however, there are a few random display issues such as:

1) Parallels VM's show flashing ANSI characters on most of the screen rendering the VM's useless
2) Opening any image only shows a white screen (even though I can see the image in the thumbnail and I can see the image if I turn on Magnifier.
3) Opening a disk image only shows a white screen if in Show Icon mode. (Show List works fine)
4) No login screen is displayed, just the scratchy gray background

5) I too have the drag and drop issue but do not believe this is related to the drivers. It appears to be an OSX Lion issue according to the Apple support communities. The workaround for this is to put OSX to sleep.. then awake. Drag and Drop should work then.

As for the first four issues related to the beta drivers... based on the content of these forums I switch my energy saver settings from "better battery life" to "higher performance" and the issues seem to be suppressed.

Hopefully a fix can be made to re-enable the "better battery life" option.

Specs:
Early 2009 17" MBP
8GB 1067 DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
OSX Lion 10.7 11A511
5 Monitors (3 using the Diamond BVU195 HD USB Display Adapters)

Last edited by radesix; 07-27-2011 at 06:50 PM.