View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
Spanky Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaHD-30 View Post
Hi Guys,

I also just bought TWO of the newer USB to DVI adapters and was shocked when I got only 1 resolution on my 30" cinema HD Is there ANY workaround? Is supporting scaling on your development roadmap? Could we get a group of people together to whom this feature really matters to donate money to get this feature supported? I would participate. Can anything be done? Without this the product is useless to me((

Thank you.
Even if scaling were enabled on these devices, you'd still only be able to run your 30" display at 1920x1200, which would look *horrible* due to it not running at the native resolution of the screen. It would also mean that your 30" displays were a waste of money and you'd be better off with 30" IPS based TV screens with 1920x1200/1080 resolution - which would be far cheaper.

The adapters aren't dual link DVI compatible. The previews of USB3 based display link devices apparently do have support for these higher resolutions but don't expect to see them on the market any time soon - I think I saw Q1 2011 being the earliest expected due date and even then, you'd need a USB3 based computer which in the Mac world currently means only Mac Pros with a PCI Express USB3 expansion card and MacBook Pros with an ExpressCard/34 (Current 17" MBP and I think all Intel based 17" MBPs and all pre 2009 15" MBPs - all non SD card 15" basically).