View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
Carlo
Mac Team

Dear Spencer,

I'm sorry to hear you are this frustrated.
My personal observation about the SW industry is definitely going in the direction you are implying: quick automated testing and whoever has a borderline use case has to beta test and suffer. Suffer for every single release.

We strive to do better than this and we're sorry if this is not your experience.

About the Sierra issues, if you use the same product on El Capitan they're not there. If you use another USB or wireless screen, not made by DisplayLink, they show the same issue.
We don't want to hack the operating system even if we always try to find workarounds. so often we can't provide a solution for OS defects.
As proven by the three Sierra critical issues already resolved by Apple, raising bugs with them does indeed work. It's not a blame shifting exercise: we want to enable all Macs to use the widest choice of external screens and the best way to do so right now is giving feedback to the operating system dev team because they are incredibly talented and could make the whole virtual screen experience much better if they focused on it.

About the other issues you've seen, clearly things have not worked out for you. I have followed your posts and if you have not done already I'd suggest to open a bug with us at support.displaylink.com so we can help out more in detail.

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote