View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #49
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Originally Posted by occit View Post
I have been fighting with my workstation for several weeks with resource issues. Locking up, running out of memory, cpu running way with resources, fan that sounds like a jet engine, etc...

After a lot of research I stumbled upon this post as I was looking at Windows processes and Endpoint protection as the cause of the issues. However I have now unplugged my dock, uninstalled the current DisplayLink driver issued on December 18 and rebooted my machine. On reboot I inserted the dock USB into a different port and let it install the driver through Windows. I am happy to report that my machine has returned back to normal...so far...

Running Windows 10 Anniversary. After letting windows install the driver the display adapter appears as "USB3.0 Dual Video Dock" Driver Provider: DisplayLink Driver Date: 8/17/2016 Driver Version: 8.0.762.0 Along with the display adapter I have "USB Giga-Ethernet" Driver Provider: DisplayLink Driver Date: 5/20/2016 Driver Version: 8.0.403.0

Fingers are crossed but it appears to have solved my issue!
Hello,

Would you please be able to share your CPU+GPU details?
Also what kind of resolution are you external displays?
If I can understand the CPU issue, I don't get the high memory usage...

As a general update, I have created support tickets with details from the different posters here in preparation to share a development build to test. However, during tests, an unrelated issue was found so I have not yet shared anything as I am not satisfied with the quality.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution