View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #50
schmak01

Quote:
Originally Posted by occit View Post
I have been fighting with my workstation for several weeks with resource issues. Locking up, running out of memory, cpu running way with resources, fan that sounds like a jet engine, etc...

After a lot of research I stumbled upon this post as I was looking at Windows processes and Endpoint protection as the cause of the issues. However I have now unplugged my dock, uninstalled the current DisplayLink driver issued on December 18 and rebooted my machine. On reboot I inserted the dock USB into a different port and let it install the driver through Windows. I am happy to report that my machine has returned back to normal...so far...

Running Windows 10 Anniversary. After letting windows install the driver the display adapter appears as "USB3.0 Dual Video Dock" Driver Provider: DisplayLink Driver Date: 8/17/2016 Driver Version: 8.0.762.0 Along with the display adapter I have "USB Giga-Ethernet" Driver Provider: DisplayLink Driver Date: 5/20/2016 Driver Version: 8.0.403.0

Fingers are crossed but it appears to have solved my issue!
Nice to see you are having some success. I just went through the steps you outlined here, and my problem persists. Just moving the mouse on the screen causes WUDFHost to still jump from 4-25% CPU.

It took a while for windows to recognize the display adapters, but my keyboard and mouse it had no issue with.