View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #1
lcdodge50

Default Kensington SD3500 Docking Station

I have been using this docking station in the present configuration for over a year. We use it on several computers: a desk top running windows 10, work laptop running windows 10, personal laptop runing windows 10, personal laptop running windows 7, personal laptop run windows 7 home. The PC has stopped seeing the monitors. At first the #2 monitor would come up but the mouse and keyboard hooked to the computer would not work so I could not log in. I checked all the connections, unplugged and re powered the docking station, rebooted the PC and now neither monitor comes out of sleep mode.

I connected a monitor to the internal video and that works fine. I tried detecting monitors and all it sees is one monitor. I tried downloading the latest drivers from Kensington. When I tried to install them I got a message saying everything is up to date. I downloaded the Actual Multiple Monitors trial version. Still only the monitor connected to the PC directly. I have tried different USB ports but nothing changed.

I was pleased when it set up so quick and easy in the beginning. Now I am not sure what to think. Is there a magic formula for changing computers or is it just a matter of holding your mouth right and standing on your left foot?

lcdodge50
lcdodge50 is offline   Reply With Quote