View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
martimic

Unhappy Ditto: Bootcamp Mac + VMware Fusion Bootcamp VM + Windows DisplayLink drivers = BSOD

Bump.

I am having precisely the same problem. I've got a Macbook Pro with 4 DisplayLink USB-DVI devices attached. I'm dual-booting (aka "Bootcamp") OSX 10.6.5 and Win7 64-bit. After installing the DisplayLink drivers in Windows, when launching my Windows partition via VMware Fusion 3.1 in OSX, I get a bluescreen shortly after seeing the Windows splashscreen in the VM. This occurs whether or not I have my DisplayLink devices connected to my computer or not. In my case, all that needs to be done is to have the DisplayLink drivers in Windows installed, and attempt to use that Windows partition in VMware Fusion 3.1.

I have reproduced the issue by formatting my drive, installing OSX 10.6.5, Win 7 64-bit, the Windows DisplayLink driver v5.5, and VMware Fusion 3.1.

I have also reproduced the problem by formatting/installing as above, with the exception of trying the DisplayLink drivers currently provided by Microsoft Update (v5.2 I think?) instead of v5.5 as obtained from displaylink.com.

Can one of the developers grab a trial copy of VMware Fusion 3.1 from vmware.com and maybe develop a beta solution for us to test? (Nominating myself as a guinea pig)...