View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #22
miket71

Default Windows 8 DisplayLink issue - reattempt

Hello, I just made another attempt at loading the WUSB drivers and DisplayLink software. I uninstalled both the driver and software, and rebooted. Then I put the DisplayLink USB dongle into the USB port on the computer. Everything installed except for the USB Root Hub for it with a yellow exclamation symbol and an Error 31. When I tried Updating The Driver manually, it would go online to look for one, but would come back to say that it had the best driver on the computer already, despite the yellow triangle symbol. Then I tried reloading the Windows 8 compatible DisplayLink software again. It would start to load, then it seemed like it would quit in the middle of the install. I'm used to clicking Finish at the end of any install which would tell me that it was successful, but that doesn't happen. However, it shows two entries in the Programs and Features list (DisplayLink Core Software and DisplayLink Graphics). The DisplayLink tray icon does not appear at all. Then when I load the WUSB driver for it, that loads fine, but still it does not work. Each time I try to load the driver, it wants to update the firmware on the USB dongles, but I have been skipping that part because I know that they are updated. When the dongle is connected at the PC, the green light flashes quickly for a few seconds, then goes steady, then flashes rapidly again for a few seconds, then shows steady, and does this over and over with no result. I have seem the PC blue screen if I leave the dongle in there too long. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Mike
miket71 is offline   Reply With Quote