View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #28
daesland

Default imac 27"

Im having a similar problem to some. My setup is an iMac 27" with 2 identical sony displays connected and os lion. One with display link usb and the other to the display port. The computer has 2 user accounts.

Everything works fine until i click on my user name in the top right corner and select display log in window, then select the other user. Then the computer just hangs with the spinning wheel. This also happens when my screen saver activates and then my partner comes to the mac and selects their name on the login screen after they have hit a key to bring up the log in screen and then select their name.

However, when I'm using the computer in a current session for me, select the user name top right and select the other user, i can log in as them fine and toggle between the two.

The only problem is as above, if my login times out to the screen saver and then on a key press, select the other person or select login screen from my session and select the other user - CRASH. But its ok if I click on myself again. Just when you click the other user!

Everything works fine with the log in screen as long as you are not trying to log in at the same as somebody else is logged in. If no body else is logged in it doesn't seem to have any problems.

Removing the driver and just having the native and the display port displays running results in no problems at all meaning its very likely to be the driver.

Im new to this forum, although i have been a close watcher for a long time. By posting here am i logging the bug or do i need to do that somewhere else?

Thanks

Daniel

update ......

unplugging and replugging the displaykink a few times when it hangs seems to get it going again. this must be significant.

Last edited by daesland; 07-27-2011 at 12:55 AM.