View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #19
stuguy909

Default driver status

I am making headway:
http://stuartanderson.info/displaylink_v_alpha0.05.txt

This version has the xrandr support removed from the start-up script. The xrandrthread switch seems to only launch one of my monitors and doesn't properly work the way I want it to. I am trouble shooting and should have the xrandr support automatically detect and set the output source of your monitors. It will not, however, place them in the right position at this time. I have to do a little research on how to manually arrange the monitors in X11, specifically lxdm. Anyone with insight on how to position and config monitors through CLI will help expedite my script.

Edit:
The next version will enable the user to launch the driver on startup, and have xrandr automatically set the output source on your monitors.

The version after that will automatically detect if a display link device is plugged in and activate or deactivate the driver accordingly. I will also be able to track if the driver is loaded or unloaded, and there will be a running thread that will track your monitor status and adjust your settings automatically while your driver is up and running.

Last edited by stuguy909; 09-02-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: updates
stuguy909 is offline   Reply With Quote