Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
casmith3

Default Windows 8 External Monitors Won't Display

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my external monitors to display anything. I am using the docking station on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, it is plugged directly into the USB 3.0 port on the Surface. Once it is plugged in the Surface recognizes it and begins to load the external monitors and USB devices plugged into the docking station. The wireless mouse and keyboard that are plugged into the docking station will work, it will recognize that monitors are attached, however it will not actually display an images on those monitors. I have uninstalled the DisplayLink software and reinstalled with the most recent software, I have attempted to update my Intel HD Graphics driver, i have rebooted the computer and the docking station. I have gone through every step listed on the website to try to troubleshoot this issue. Attached is the log .zip file from the troubleshooting software provided by DisplayLink. Please any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Carter
Attached Files
File Type: zip SURFACE02W8_20141023_101339.zip (1.43 MB, 0 views)
casmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
casmith3

Default Fixed for now

Hello,

Just wanted to update this thread, as I have spent most of my work day today attempting to get my monitors to work (maybe not the best idea to trade my desktop computer for a Surface Pro that relies on external monitors to be productive). I uninstalled the current version of the DisplayLink software and installed an older version (7.6.757242.0) and plugged the Targus ACP70US into the surface 3.0 USB directly and after some installation it displayed my desktop on all attached monitors. So, I guess for now running the older software is the answer to my problem.

Thanks,
Carter
casmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Dave_Saxon

Default Surface Pro 3 Having Issues Too!

I have a Surface Pro 3, and the Asus HZ1 USB 3.0 dock with DisplayLink hardware. I'd first like to say, no matter what manufacturer has used your hardware, whether Targus, Asus, or Dell, it always fails. It's like clockwork.

I'm not sure what the problem may be, but something is seriously troublesome with your graphics compatibility. I've experienced the display failure issues on two different version of Dell XPS 13's, MacBook Airs running Windows 7, and now my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, running Windows 8.1 Update.

I've spent probably days worth of research on the web (outside of your site there's basically no manufacturer support), and your updates seems to only fix the issues (sometimes) for maybe a few months. I only ask that you figure out why the hardware isn't working for more than 6 months without issue, or build something new.

Moving on to the support side, what are we, the customers, supposed to do? We have no choice but to purchase your hardware, because it seems to be embedded in almost every single USB 3.0 dock available! I have already used your "clean up" tool multiple times to remove the old version, then install the new version. I've made sure to reboot after every step of the way, and even rebooted the dock for 30 seconds. That used to work, but now it won't.

I've tried the version Asus has on their website, after again using the cleanup tool, and rebooting all the way. It still doesn't work. About a year ago, for the Targus units, there was a firmware update, not software, and that stabilized those for some time, but I've literally thrown all of the Targus units away, because they don't work at all any more for monitors.

It's embarrassing giving this technology to an executive, because then they want to know why their IT budget can't provide them with hardware that is reliable.
Dave_Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote