Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2024, 12:40 AM   #1
germancho96

Default Ubuntu + AMD: Slow perfomance

Hi!

I've being trying to get a second monitor to work on my laptop, I think I've tried all at this point, so much that for the moment I am using windows since it works here (It worked well with another computer I had that uses Lubuntu)

Basically the problem is that whenever I connect the second monitor my PC gets laggy, not usable at all.
I've installed plenty of AMD drivers, displaylink drivers, etc.. And nothing works.
I'm using KDE, but I've also tried using Wayland and the only difference is that the second monitor gets laggy.

It seems that I am not the only one with this problem for a while ago, and I saw that there is a thread from a few years ago talking about a problem with AMD users that is currently being worked on.

Is there any news on that topic or should I just forget about connecting a second monitor in this computer?
germancho96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
ScreamCZE

What Ubuntu do you use?
Also, make sure that you are using open-sourced AMD drivers. Proprietary drivers are not supported.
ScreamCZE is offline   Reply With Quote