Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
kathy@adkinstech.com

Default Cannot change the native resolution 1920x1080 for AOC E2251FWU USB Monitor

We need to change the monitor resolution since its a requirement to make an application work better. Have installed the display link soft using the CD and have downloaded the latest driver from the website. The resolution option using windows is greyed out, also it shows as VGA. The drivers appears to have been installed properly from device manager. From the Displaylink manager it is set to 1920x1080 and their is no other option to select. Monitor brand is AOC E2251FWU USB Monitor.

Im not sure if i have done something wrong of if it's even possible to change the resolution for this one.

Thank you!
kathy@adkinstech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

This product has a fixed resolution of 1920x1080.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Jenningsville

I've purchased an AOC E2251fwu USB monitor, and downloaded and installed the DisplayLink software on my Windows 7 Lenovo X250 laptop. Then I selected the option to duplicate my laptop screen on the E2251fwu. I expected the screen image to be enlarged to fill the E2251fwu screen. But instead the screen image was only slightly larger than the laptop screen and displayed in the centre of the monitor with the rest of the E2251fwu being a thick black border approx three inches wide. Please can give me instructions so that the image is expanded to fill the monitor screen. Many thanks, Philip.
Jenningsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

This is by design. The image shown on the AOC monitor reflects the resolution of the notebook screen.

In order to fill the screen you will need to lower the resolution of the notebook screen.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Jenningsville

Please can I suggest you review this design decision. All other external monitors and projectors I've used fill the screen when duplicating the laptop screen, otherwise what's the point of using an external monitor!
Jenningsville is offline   Reply With Quote