Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
Garfunko

I am having the same issue. I was able to get the screen to work finally for a second when I used the RC version 7.9 RC, but then the screen flickered and BSOD was reborn.
Garfunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #12
JamesH

Hi,

Can you try installing DisplayLink v7.9 M2 software?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
techneutral

Default Blue Screens Continue

Hey James, I tried v 7.9 m2 and I continue to receive the BSOD. Before installing the software I uninstalled the previous version of the software, rebooted, installed the new version of the software. I received the same error on the blue screen (page fault in Non paged area)

I have included Several windows logs below that look like they may be relevant. There was one that looked like it may be something that I can change that may have an impact which was allowing for interactive services. I am going to try reinstalling the software again and report back with results once I have changed settings for interactive services. In the meantime here is a large dump of some windows logs that may be relevant.

Here are 2 Windows application Log entries that look like they may be particularly relevant. These entries only occur prior to the bluescreen after the install of the Display Link Software. These services look like they may be the native video and audio drivers for the laptop but the Display link software crashes them every time.

First Entry - Video

The description for Event ID 0 from source igfxCUIService2.0.0.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started/resumed

Second Entry - Audio

The description for Event ID 0 from source RtkI2SAudioService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

RtkI2SAudioService
InitSensorAPI = FALSE

Here are the System Logs that may be relevant

Next Entry

Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Next Entry

The description for Event ID 267 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Next Entry

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{05D1D5D8-18D1-4B83-85ED-A0F99D53C885}
and APPID
{AD65A69D-3831-40D7-9629-9B0B50A93843}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The DisplayLinkManager service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

Next Entry

The access history in hive \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\elam was cleared updating 2 keys and creating 2 modified pages.

Here is the entry in the application log that shows the BSOD

Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_igdkmd64.sys, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: cb18be7c-98f8-44fb-8ebf-52e744a6af9d

Problem signature:
P1: 141
P2: ffffe001405094c0
P3: fffff800c3366550
P4: 0
P5: 2bc
P6: 10_0_10240
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20150902-1007-02.dmp
C:\Users\bmfuller\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-358359-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\bmfuller\AppData\Local\Temp\WER969A.tmp.W ERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive \Kernel_141_298675f88f3fed8ce3645d7f9d93bd82673e9c _00000000_cab_20cfd6f5

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 4574fc7a-5184-11e5-8298-acd1b8c0abf2
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket:
techneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
techneutral

Default Still not working

Hey James, the one thing that I wanted to try which was, making sure the interactive service was running still did not resolve the issue. Are there any updates on where you are at with this? I really miss having my last display.
techneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #15
RPC_FL

Default Windows 10 BSoD

Hello,

We are also having blue screens of death. PC Info:
PC: Dell XPS 13 Model 9343 (i7-5500U HD5500)

We reformatted Windows 10 Pro with a clean install, and everything was working great. The last step we performed was a fresh install of the DisplayLink Graphics Driver (version 7.9 M2). When Docked with 2 monitors (and mobile display disabled), it works great.

When undocked and using a SIIG USB to Ethernet adapter, it also works great.

However, if we are on Wireless, the Blue screen issue happens constantly and randomly.

We found these postings because of identical symptoms and errors in the logs (multiple entries of "Rtkl2SAudioService" not found).
RPC_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #16
RPC_FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC_FL View Post
Hello,

We are also having blue screens of death. PC Info:
PC: Dell XPS 13 Model 9343 (i7-5500U HD5500)

We reformatted Windows 10 Pro with a clean install, and everything was working great. The last step we performed was a fresh install of the DisplayLink Graphics Driver (version 7.9 M2). When Docked with 2 monitors (and mobile display disabled), it works great.

When undocked and using a SIIG USB to Ethernet adapter, it also works great.

However, if we are on Wireless, the Blue screen issue happens constantly and randomly.

We found these postings because of identical symptoms and errors in the logs (multiple entries of "Rtkl2SAudioService" not found).
Figured out how to fix the issue:
- Uninstalled DisplayLink drivers completely. Restart.
- Used the cleanup tool to verify everything is removed. Restart.
- Go to device manager > Network adapters and uninstall the wireless driver. Restart.
- Verify the original Dell Wireless drivers are in the Device Manager.
- Go to the classic Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware Tab > Device Installation Settings > Select No, Never install driver software from Windows Update.
*The later version of the Wireless network driver settings was causing the issue for me (it was also labeled "Broadcom").
- Install the latest DisplayLink drivers.
RPC_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #17
AlbanRampon

Thank you for the additional information.
This will be helpful for our engineering team to try and find the root cause.

I'm working on having the investigation prioritized.
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #18
DarrenDriven

I recently bought a new HP laptop (Windows 10 Home 64bit) about a week ago and I am getting BSOD crashes when I am drawing in Illustrator or Flash, and only when I have been using the laptop with a second monitor that is connected through a Kensington USB dock.

Googling some of the specific error codes brought me to this topic, and ONLY this topic, interestingly enough.

Step one, how can I determine if my computer is using a DisplayLink driver? I am fairly certain that this is a display driver problem (HP tech support thought so, too) and I have already let Windows try to fix the issue with no luck.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I ran the support tool and the resulting zip file is located here:
http://darrendriven.com/temp/LAPTOP-...104_112458.zip

Last edited by DarrenDriven; 01-04-2016 at 06:27 PM.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote