Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
afail

Default White Box on Desktop with Dynadock

Hello,

I just recently installed thePA3927U-1PRP dynadock U3.0 Driver version 7.03M on a Windows 8 system (64 bit).

Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, a white box appears in the top left corner of the desktop upon wakeup.

When I disable the DisplayLink service and reboot the PC, the problem goes away.

How can I prevent this white box from occurring?

It appears some other users are having an issue at http://forums.computers.toshiba-euro...ssageID=277842
Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
afail

Just upgraded to 7.1 M0, same issue.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
Wim

I have heard about this on a small number of GPUs and certain driver versions. I think there is a bug we expose in the primary graphics driver when we are installed, as we use the GPU for some 3D effects.

Have you got the latest GPU driver installed?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
afail

There was a newer driver for my Intel HD 4000 GPU, I upgraded it and it did not resolve the white box after wakeup issue.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
afail

Heres a screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (21.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
rbrown

Any update on this issue. We have same issue, White box appear after sleeping laptop when the displaylink drivers are installed.

Have latest drivers and Intel HD 4000 Graphics
rbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
Wim

Does this happen with previous DisplayLink releases (7.0 or 6.3 M1?). Wondering if it is a regression.

afail - the screenshot you posted, is this from a print screen? If so then this must be the pixels the OS is giving us, which would give a clue as to where the problem is.

Wim
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
b1gd4ddy

Any updates on this?

I am also having the same issue. A white box appears in the top left corner of screen.

It originally only appeared after the laptop had been to sleep, but now it can appear anytime.

If i click on the 'show the desktop' shortcut (far right of start bar), the white box will minimise.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks
BD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.1.jpg (56.9 KB, 3 views)
b1gd4ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Wim

OK - The white rectangle is not corruption. It's supposedly a background app by MSI called MGSysCtrl.exe, called System Control manager. I suspect without multiple displays it's hidden off the screen desktop, but when DisplayLink displays extend the desktop, it can't hide anymore and appears at the desktop position 0x0 on the primary display.

Think MSI will need to fix this as their method of hiding the app doesn't work when multiple displays are enabled.

Wim
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
b1gd4ddy

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are correct. I figured it out the other day. I uninstalled SCM and downloaded a special version for computers updated from Win7 to Win8 and this fixed the issue.

For anyone else with a Win8 (updated from Win7) MSI computer running 'System Control Manager' (SCM) getting this very issue:

* Uninstall SCM from your system

* Go to the MSI website and find your system model number.

* Go the downloads page and find SCM (or System Control Manager)

* Choose the specific version for your OS (if you have updated from Win7 to Win8 you will need a special version which will be listed)

* Install the new version and the issue with the white box should go away

Hope this helps someone.

Many Thanks
BD
b1gd4ddy is offline   Reply With Quote