Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
TigerRob

Default Big regression with dual displays?

I've been travelling for about a week, and have returned to my desk to find my dual-headed display setup not to be working in the same way that it was before I left. Specifically on the 2 displaylink monitors the dock has artefacts of the windows on the screen behind it, and trying to move the main display off the retina display and onto one of the displaylink monitors logs me out (I assume this is the windows server crashing). I had neither of these issues last week.

The only software update that I am aware happening while I have been away is iTunes upgrade to v11.4.

Whilst my setup before I went away had problems (specifically not remembering display ordering, which was main monitor and the laptop retina screen remaining active when in clamshell mode) I could adjust everything to how I wanted to work when I connected at my desk. This is no longer possible.

My setup is late 2013 rMBP (Mavericks 10.9.4), Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station with Dual DVI/HDMI/VGA Video (sd3500v) driving a Samsung SyncMaster 920N VGA monitor and a iiyama Prolite E2409HDS monitor via HDMI (including audio). MBP usually runs with the lid closed, but is currently open as I can't move the main display off this monitor.

Drivers are v2.2 downloaded from the displaylink site.

Anyone else seen a recent change in behaviour? Could this be down to the iTunes update, or am I looking for something else?

Any help gratefully received, as not being able to move the main display is very inconvenient.

Regards,
Rob.
TigerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

This is a long standing known issue of Mavericks. Unfortunately it's not clear why some systems are susceptible to the issue and some aren't.
As a workaround you could try to disable some full screen transition effects that are connected to some of these Window Server crashes.
Please see http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63239

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
TigerRob

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of the fact that there are a number of problems with Mavericks, but until the start of this week I had a workable solution. Something (and I know not what) changed on my system recently, and not being able to move the main screen onto my main monitor is a real problem for me, making the dock effectively useless. I am upset that Kensington are selling this dock as Mac compatible, when it is clearly not fit for purpose, and have recommended to my colleagues that they find solutions that do not rely on displaylink.

When I have a bit more time I will try disabling some of the animations, as you suggest, and see if that makes any improvement.

Regards,
Rob.
TigerRob is offline   Reply With Quote