Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2024, 12:02 AM   #1
HowardBrazee

Default TV screens are black

Went to Karaoke night like I do twice per month.

I hooked up both monitors, but couldn’t drag my window to them. I ran Display Link (which should have come in automatically. I can see both TVs in System Information.

I couldn’t get the display to work. So I tried options to Using as “Main Display”.
I picked “Extended display”, but when I do that I can’t do anything (I can open Apple Store, but not System Settings). My main display is just a screen background, and while I can move my cursor, there is no dock and when I run something from he apple menu, I can’t see it. I can press F3 and see I’m in Desktop 5. When I unplug the HDMI, I press F3 and see my 4 normal desktops.

I want to unpress “Extended Display”, but I can’t get there.

I can unplug the HDMI, and get back to a normal screen, but I can’t do karaoke. When I plug one or both TVs in, I get stuck again. The TV screens remain dark.

What do I need to do next?
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:06 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
Went to Karaoke night like I do twice per month.

I hooked up both monitors, but couldn’t drag my window to them. I ran Display Link (which should have come in automatically. I can see both TVs in System Information.

I couldn’t get the display to work. So I tried options to Using as “Main Display”.
I picked “Extended display”, but when I do that I can’t do anything (I can open Apple Store, but not System Settings). My main display is just a screen background, and while I can move my cursor, there is no dock and when I run something from he apple menu, I can’t see it. I can press F3 and see I’m in Desktop 5. When I unplug the HDMI, I press F3 and see my 4 normal desktops.

I want to unpress “Extended Display”, but I can’t get there.

I can unplug the HDMI, and get back to a normal screen, but I can’t do karaoke. When I plug one or both TVs in, I get stuck again. The TV screens remain dark.

What do I need to do next?
Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com