Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
josiahsprague

Default Monitor goes to sleep before DisplayLink sends signal.

I have an HP2009m monitor, connected with an IOGEAR GUC2015VW6 External VGA Video Card. The DisplayLink software (and Windows) detects the monitor fine, it knows the model and the resolution of the monitor, and I am able to set my preferences in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution and the monitor appears active. However, the monitor itself never detects a signal from the DisplayLink and it goes to sleep before a picture ever appears. I'm assuming that the DisplayLink is just taking a few seconds to send the picture and that by the time it does, the monitor has gone to sleep. Is there any way around this, or is my best bet to try a different monitor?
josiahsprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
stormat

I'm having the exact same problem on a 3-TV setup connected to a main computer. The image will display on each TV but if I turn any TV off for an extended period of time, it will not re-acquire the signal. If the TV is just turned off briefly, it will work.
stormat is offline   Reply With Quote