Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM   #1
Caffeine

Default New Windows 10 install - Only USB hub

Howdy. Been pulling my hair out.

Have been using a Dynadock U3 quite happily on my Yoga 2 pro due to lack of ports. Recently built a new windows 10 desktop and trying to connect the dynadock, as I'm intending to use the USB3 connections as a type of KVM switch for the second monitor and mouse/keyboard/speakers.

Still working fine on the Yoga 2 but the new machine will not play ball. It picks it up as a USB hub, no unknown devices but nothing more.

The Displaylink install stops at waiting for the device to be connected but never gets to recognise when it has been.

I've read the various posts so have run the cleaner, rebooted, reinstalled and retried several times with no joy.

One thing I do notice is that on my yoga 2 only the Core Software (not graphics) is installed and the version is 7.9.630 which seems higher than the one I download and install here, but doubt that's the issue.

Really don't want to have to re-engineer the complicated setup I've got planned so any ideas GREATLY appreciated.
Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,

I would first recommend you leave your hair in place.

Now the bad joke is done, I will be a bit more serious.
When you do the installation, the installer waits on Windows detecting the device before completing the installation. If you have to wait forever, it means your device doesn't introduce itself to Windows.
This is confirmed by the fact you see nothing orphan/in error in Device Manager.
Can you please install, plug, skip the wait, reboot, start the support tool, gather logs, send the zip so I can look into it?
Unfortunately, this unlikely to be a driver issue: unless the device tells Windows what it is, Windows won't attach any driver to it.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:07 AM   #3
Caffeine

Sorry for the delay.

Here's the output. The odd thing is that when plugged into my work PC which is a locked down Win 7 laptop it announces all components (although I can't install the drivers on that machine it detects displays, audio etc. as being existant).
Attached Files
File Type: zip KRYTON_20160516_130148.zip (845.2 KB, 1 views)
Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Unhappy

Good afternoon,
There is no trace of a device with DisplayLink technology ever seen on the bus.
Is your Windows 7 machine also in USB3?
Could you try with a USB2 cable on that USB2 machine to try and force USB2 throughout?
Finally, would you have the ability to run the support tool on the Win7 machine? Even if the driver is not installed, our logs will tell me how the device introduces itself and if there are USB errors.
Without any device being seen, Windows won't assign the DisplayLink driver so there is no point in installing/removing our drivers until we get the enumeration to work. I do see an error in January with unrecognised device (Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)). Can you check if it's here when you plug your dock?
Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote