Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
maikeldus

Default Displaylink fails after a while and comes back up [Windows, Only USB3, Asus MB168+]

So i have this strange problem, when i use my Asus MB168+ with my USB 2.0 port nothing goes wrong, it all just works.

However, when i use the USB 3.0 port it seems like it crashes after a while, both screens go black and only my laptop screen comes back. After that it goes black again and comes back to life with two screens. I checked my USB 3 hostcontroller, updated it, no change ... I have a Fresco hostcontroller.

Checked the Asus MB168+ on my Desktop and it works fine.

I have attachted advanced logs, At the end the displaylink driver crashed like 3 times so check at the end.

Edit: Also: I notice frame tearing and stuttering on my DisplayLink Screen, its like its running with 23fps. On my Desktop this doesnt happen. My Desktop has an integrated Hostcontroller from intel.

-Removed dump for safety-

Last edited by maikeldus; 01-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.
maikeldus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you try the latest Fresco Logic USB 3.0 host controller driver from here:
http://www.frescologic.com/support.php

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
maikeldus

I have installed the driver, restarted since it indicated that in device manager.

It still has these black flashes (windows sound for disconnecting device) and comes back up again, only much faster now. I will send you the log through a PM since it contains some private information.

I also disabled Power saving on All USB devices.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks - I replied to your PM.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
maikeldus

This indeed seems a hardware problem. However it only happens when power drawing devices are attached (like my external HDD or the displaylink screen). USB drives works without a hitch.

Well it wasnt my laptop but the Fresco Hostcontroller driver! I downgraded to V3.4.6.0 as suggested in http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...sus-g53sx.html and it works! It also fixed the frame stuttering problem, it finally keeps running fluid! Thanks for your help!

Last edited by maikeldus; 01-27-2014 at 06:53 PM.