Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 02-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
KhyrosFinalCut

Default Can't get Full res (tops out 1280x1024)

I'm using the MP-UGA17D1 adapter and all the documentation says I can get 1920x1080, both on monoprice and in the booklet, but it's topping out at 1280x1024for me. This is exceptionally frustrating since I have been looking for a solution for a third full resolution screen on my MacBook pro for some time.

I need to run 2 1920x1080 displays in addition to my on board 1680x1050 from my new MacBook Pro.

Is this just something where I have to wait for a driver update or what? Was my product mislabeled (as perhaps indicated by the attached data?)

Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (244.0 KB, 1239 views)
Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
dcoulson

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhyrosFinalCut View Post
Is this just something where I have to wait for a driver update or what? Was my product mislabeled (as perhaps indicated by the attached data?)
The EDID info from the monitor indicates it supports 1920x1080@60Hz, but it doesn't end up in the list of supported resolutions. I'm having a hard time deciphering from the logs what chipset the adapter is based on, however the previous generation DL adapter had a max resolution of 1280x1024.

Do you have another system you can try the adapter with? Hate to say it, but if you have a Windows box you can throw it on just to confirm it is the adapter at fault - Lots of us have DL USB interfaces running at 1920x1080, so it's most likely not driver related. What was the specific product ID you purchased from Monoprice?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
KhyrosFinalCut

Thanks for the quick response. I purchased ID 6040 Link here

Will try to test on a windows box.