Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
cmatejka

Default SCCM Deployment Error 0x643(1603)

I am trying to package up the MSI installer 8.3 M1 (I'm confused why there are two downloads on the Corporate page that appear to download the exact same file, but that is not really the issue).

I grabbed the Win64 files for DisplayLink_Win7-10TH2.msi and DisplayLink_Win10RS1.msi (and added -x64) to the file names. I created one application in SCCM with two deployment types pointing to the same data directory with both files in it.

The first deployment type is only set to run on Windows 7 x64 and 8 x64
msiexec /i "DisplayLink_Win7-10TH2-x64.msi" /quiet /l*v "install.log"

The second deployment type is only set to run on Windows 10 x64 (we only have 1607 and 1703 installs in the wild)
msiexec /i "DisplayLink_Win10RS1-x64.msi" /quiet /l*v "install.log"

I'm constantly get the 0x643(1603) error from SCCM (which is why I added the log file). I've never had so much trouble with an MSI. I've tried /q and /qn instead of /quiet (since we usually use /q and that doesn't work either. I will attach the log file which I didn't really find anything in there that helped me out. I feel like I am missing something obvious, because this really should be difficult.

I am currently just testing on a Windows 10 1703 machine.

And sorry, had to zip the txt file because it was too big as a text file for upload.

Is this the reason it fails???
Property(S): TRUST_ERROR_MSG = The software package appears to have been modified. Installation aborted. Please contact your vendor for assistance.

Because I added -x64 to the file names so I would know they are the x64 version?
Attached Files
File Type: zip install.zip (40.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by cmatejka; 09-28-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: more info
cmatejka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

Reasons for this error message are already covered in this article on our website:

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rs-to-have-bee

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
cmatejka

I have downloaded the software numerous times and it extracts from the zip file with no errors.

I am not running Windows 7... we are on Windows 10 1703

I have no clue what Dell Protected Workstation is as Dell says it is end of life when you go to the page. We run only Cylance Protect and the ccmcache folder is excluding from scanning.

None of the reasons seem to apply here.
cmatejka is offline   Reply With Quote