Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
luvcraft

Default Display does not light up on 10.6.4

I am using your newest MAC beta drivers 1.6b2 trying to get a 1920x1080 Version of your UGA up and running. The system used is OSX 10.6.4 on a desktop Mac.

Here is what I did so far:
First I have installed the 1.5 version of the driver and rebooted - I saw three displays in my system preferences monitor section. The to displays connected to my VGA board are working fine and also the third display, a Hanns.G HW191D was correctly recognized by the driver. No matter wich setting I used the display kept saying "Input signal out of range". I checked both a new DVI and a new VGA cable to make shure the problem was not on this side.
Next I installed the new 1.6b2 driver to the same result.
Now I de-installed, fixed the permissions of my hdd, rebooted and re-installed the 1.6b2 driver. Noe the third display is simply called "Display Link 1" but still does not light up.
The interesting thing is that my desktop space is properly enlarged - I can move the mouse into the display's range - I just do not get a picture.

Any advise?

Best regards,

Cris.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (269.0 KB, 656 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

It looks to be an EDID problem, the software is confused as it does not know what kind of display it's connected to. It's likely outputting a resolution not supported by the display.
Are the other displays correctly recognised? If not there might be a HW problem somewhere and likely not in the cable since you tried that already.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
luvcraft

Default Reply

Hello Carlo!

Yes, the other displays are correctly recognized by my primary graphics adapter. When I connect the HannsG HW191D directly I also get a correct setting. When I connect the other displays I have (Samsung SyncMaster 226bw) to the UGA it shows the same results as vice versa.

The suggested resultions from your drivers should be fine with the attached display - I have checked all possible settings, none seems to work.

Best regards,

Cris
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Carlo
Mac Team

Might be a problem with the adapter then, the best thing would be to check the adapter with the Windows drivers and if you have the same results ask for a replacement.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
luvcraft

Default Not working on OSx - workin on Win

Hi Carlo!

I just tried the adapter on Win XP - and it works like a charm :-/

Still no luck under OSX...

Best regards,

Cris.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
luvcraft

Default Works now

Hello Carlo!

I have no idea why, but it does work now. After the check with the Win XP system, I stuck it back in the OSX machine and the display fired up. It looks a bit grainy and the mouse is kind of sluggish, but that is OK for my purposes. I assume this is a performance issue, right?

Best regards,

Cris
Old 09-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
luvcraft

Smile Thanks

BTW: Most of all: Thank you for your great support!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

You are most welcome. Even if I have no idea why it is now working I can't complain!