Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
RahulChavan

Unhappy MacOS Sierra Performance

Hallo,

I have recently installed driver for DisplayLink version 2.6 from the download section. It seems the drivers seems to be buggy with many problems on Sierra. The second monitor has a laggy mouse and some of the images doesnt seem to appear on safari or photos. When i exit full screen mode from a video, safari keeps crashing and refreshing everytime. Also mission control doesnt work correctly, mission control previews cannot be seen and screen just hangs for couple of min when i enter mission control. I have already raised a bug report on apple site , but i don't know when it will be resolved. Kindly could you check and solve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards
Rahul
RahulChavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #2
macmee

sometimes randomly my usb screen will just go black and my mac will just log me out too

product is basically useless atm
macmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
paultzirides

Arrow Reduce transparency

Try going to System Preferences > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency > [CHECK]

Stability is very good on my Mid-2012 MacBook Air so far.
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
RahulChavan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultzirides View Post
Try going to System Preferences > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency > [CHECK]

Stability is very good on my Mid-2012 MacBook Air so far.
Hallo,

The solution above doesnt seem to solve the issue.. When i open youtube on the display like monitor, the images doesnt appear and i have to sometime move mouse over the image to make it appear.. Also in safari when i exit from full screen mode to normal mode, the browser keeps crashing and refreshing contents (displays a small message on the browser "the page refreshed due a problem in safari"). So the issues still exists..

Regards
Old 10-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Shanesan

The beta build of Sierra 10.12.1 seems to fix most problems, mostly including the issues you discuss. If beta sounds like it's right for you, go sign up, else wait until the release.
Shanesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
RahulChavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
The beta build of Sierra 10.12.1 seems to fix most problems, mostly including the issues you discuss. If beta sounds like it's right for you, go sign up, else wait until the release.
Hi,

I just signed up for the beta program. Since this is my first beta experience, i have a few questions... firstly will it spoil the other working application on the system? And when the actual release comes out, will we be able to download that official release? i ask this because from the Apple beta site, i downloaded a package which allows app store to download beta versions, when the official release comes out, will i also be able to download that? i don't want to keep running on Beta versions

Regards
Rahul
Old 10-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
Shanesan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulChavan View Post
Hi,

I just signed up for the beta program. Since this is my first beta experience, i have a few questions... firstly will it spoil the other working application on the system? And when the actual release comes out, will we be able to download that official release? i ask this because from the Apple beta site, i downloaded a package which allows app store to download beta versions, when the official release comes out, will i also be able to download that? i don't want to keep running on Beta versions

Regards
Rahul
Typically Beta's from Apple are safe, but always back up your system using Time Machine or your backup tool of choice, just in case.

They just released the official release of 10.12.1 today, so be sure to re-download/uninstall/install drivers for DisplayLink after update.
Shanesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
shad0wca7

It seems that most of the crippling usability issues have been solved, however the DisplayLink Manager is continually using almost 100% CPU now...

EDIT

I've just restarted and it seems better now, although I can confirm that things like Mission Control cause the displayserver to crash and the user is logged out.

Last edited by shad0wca7; 10-26-2016 at 11:25 AM.
shad0wca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #9
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wca7 View Post
It seems that most of the crippling usability issues have been solved, however the DisplayLink Manager is continually using almost 100% CPU now...

EDIT

I've just restarted and it seems better now, although I can confirm that things like Mission Control cause the displayserver to crash and the user is logged out.
Hi,

I have updated the Sierra FAQ with the status with 10.12.1: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...cos-10-12-sier

Shad0wcat I think we've got the 100% CPU issue nailed finally, we're working on that now. The next release should address it.

Regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #10
shad0wca7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi,

I have updated the Sierra FAQ with the status with 10.12.1: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...cos-10-12-sier

Shad0wcat I think we've got the 100% CPU issue nailed finally, we're working on that now. The next release should address it.

Regards,
Carlo
Carlo, great to hear about that CPU issue.

I'll raise a bug report with Apple about the windowserver crashing..
shad0wca7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buggy, lags, macos, sierra