Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
snak35

Default Windows 10 Drivers

I just installed Windows 10 Technical Preview and the current drivers do not work. An error message appears stating that the operating system in not compatible.

Can anyone please provide guidance on how to resolve issue?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
snak35

Default Resolved

I removed the USB connection, uninstalled the previous drivers and rebooted. On reboot, I continued to install the drivers recommended by Windows 10 and it now works. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
keremy

Default Can't install on Win 10

I have the same issue. Have a new laptop with Windows 10 on it, and the installer fails with the error dialog.

I had previous version drivers, which I uninstalled, but I still can't use my monitors through the USB connection and can't install the new drivers.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
scottath

Yea - plug in the dock - and use windows update to get the driver. Worked first time for me - super impressed.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:45 AM   #5
josebarahona

Default Working after Reconnect

Noticed that Displaylink prompted a message regarding Not supported OS or Graphics card. So after reconnecting USB it started working as it downloaded drivers from Windows Update.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
JamesH

Hi all,

You'll need to install the Windows 10 alpha drivers available here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376

Thanks,
James
Old 10-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #7
ptallett

Default BSOD with new drivers

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Tech Preview and my StarTech USB32DPPro didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the (OLD) drivers 7.6.57633.0 and it started to work although is not very stable (display refresh issues, BSOD when waking from sleep, blank screen, frozen display) but it works most of the time.

I tried installing the new beta drivers but my machine crashes immediately when I install them (page fault in DLKMD.SYS). I also saw the drivers come through on Windows Update, but again my machine BSOD's when I let them install so I have had to hide the update. I am running two 2560x1600 displays, one off DisplayPort and one off the DisplayLink adaptor.

I am scared to uninstall and clean install as I will have lost the old drivers and my machine will probably blue screen on boot (I suppose I could unplug the adaptor).

Is the USB32DPPro supported with this new set of drivers? All the posts talk about DisplayLink docks which I don't have.

I've also recently started seeing BIOS errors and POST failures - is this related? I have an Intel NUC with Haswell i5 and Iris graphics.

Help! My machine is very unhappy!

Thanks!

Last edited by ptallett; 10-23-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
tomr

Thumbs up Great Work to Keep Up with the latest OS Guys!

this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys!

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
tomr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomr View Post
this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys!

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card
well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
GTiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomr View Post
well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!
I have had this problem using the W10 Alpha drivers since day 1. I use the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock and only one external monitor works. I might try uninstalling all the drivers and letting windows detect them and seeing what happens as others have indicated success.