Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
KaxyotiK

Just tried the newest beta driver. Exact same behavior.

Very disappointed.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #12
bradhs

Wow, you described my issue almost to the T... ThinkPad T410s with Nvidia Switchable graphics in High-Performance mode. Currently docked with a DVI (24" middle) and VGA (19" right) monitors driven by the Nvidia discrete video card. And a Lenovo DisplayLink M01061 driving a VGA (19" left) monitor.

Issue is when my monitors go to sleep (not the computer) and I am currently logged in. When I try to wakeup the monitors the middle monitor will usually not wake up and I end up only being able to press CTRL-ALT-DEL which wakes up the monitors and also gets me to the options screen where I can lock the computer, log off etc..

What I normally do to resolve the issue (since a reboot each time this happen would render this setup completely useless) is to click "Switch User" then relogon, this will take me back to a blank screen, but if I wait 1 minute it will eventually blink its way back to normal again.

M01061 DisplayLink - v5.5.27797.0 - Driving one monitor

NVidia NVS 3100M - v8.16.11.8955 (Lenovo's most recent release) - Driving two monitors

Intel HD Graphics - v8.16.11.8955 Sitting pretty not doing anything since I'm in High-Performance graphics mode.

Please let me know what I can do contribute to getting this fixed.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishbosh02 View Post
The issue is that my screens never comes back from power save mode.

(the system worked fine before installing Displaylink drivers).

With V5.4 beta I had the same issue so upgrade to 5.5b but the fault changed to my Nvadi Vido driver kept crashing, windows would recover from this issue.

So I upgraded to the latest version of NVIDIA video driver, still have the issue but now have the blank screen again

Control+Alt+Del will bring back the logon screen but if I hit escape it goes blank again, I have to switch users to bring it back.

I have ran the debug tool see file
Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
bernie

Default Another instance of this

Another instance of similar behavior with a customer using a Plugable device (Vista 64 system with nVidia GPU):

http://getsatisfaction.com/plugable/...g_up_my_sleeve

This one specifically was caused by an failed assert is (itr->target) at line 189 in file .\DDCManager.cpp for build 5.5.27797.0 (the latest available)

I've sent the full logs from this customer to FAE (Sian).

Thanks for the work going into solving this!

Bernie
http://plugable.com/