Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
dirto

Default BlackScreen with mouse pointer - Dell D3100 DockStation

All my drivers are up to date. VGA, USB, DisplayLink .... but my monitor continues to display a black screen where only the mouse pointer appears. The log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DIRTO-PC_20170801_135557.zip (1.19 MB, 3 views)
dirto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

It looks like your PC has Intel and AMD graphics with a older graphics drivers. I think this should be supported by the new graphics architecture for DisplayLink displays in Windows 10, but could be related to the older graphics drivers.

Could you check if the problem is fixed if you uninstall Intel and AMD graphics drivers and just use the Microsoft Basic render driver? That will confirm if it is related to the Intel or AMD drivers that Windows 10 is using.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
dirto

Thanks for the answer.

What you say makes total sense.

Look.
I did some testing here and found that when my computer has the power setting at Maximum Performance, the additional monitor does not work. I have to change the power setting to "Optimize Performance" so that the screen works correctly. So the problem really is in the AMD driver, but the current driver version of them for my graphics card goes only to the version that is installed.
Another point I noticed is that when I need to use some program that needs the graphics card (like Photoshop for example), my configured main monitor needs to be the screen of my notebook, I can not configure the default screen on any other monitor because the program In question does not recognize the graphics card.

In summary, I was able to adapt the configuration needed to connect the monitor, but my main intention was to leave all the drivers updated to the latest version. I think this is not possible even if installing a driver manually, because I end up losing the power settings when this is done.

Thans for the support
dirto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirto View Post
Thanks for the answer.

What you say makes total sense.

Look.
I did some testing here and found that when my computer has the power setting at Maximum Performance, the additional monitor does not work. I have to change the power setting to "Optimize Performance" so that the screen works correctly. So the problem really is in the AMD driver, but the current driver version of them for my graphics card goes only to the version that is installed.
Another point I noticed is that when I need to use some program that needs the graphics card (like Photoshop for example), my configured main monitor needs to be the screen of my notebook, I can not configure the default screen on any other monitor because the program In question does not recognize the graphics card.

In summary, I was able to adapt the configuration needed to connect the monitor, but my main intention was to leave all the drivers updated to the latest version. I think this is not possible even if installing a driver manually, because I end up losing the power settings when this is done.

Thans for the support
Thanks for the update. Uninstalling the Intel and AMD drivers were more to diagnose what was causing the problem, rather than a long term solution. Sounds like you have got to the root cause.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote