Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
sanette

I have the Targus usb 3, and same thing: USB and ethernet work, but no video
(haven't tested audio yet)

I'd be happy to help. Where should one start ?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
Lingonsylt

How is the progress on the driver development for USB 3.0 going?
I've spent ages searching the internets for an up to date repository with the source code for the current drivers. Does anyone know who is actively working on the linux drivers? Or who has last actively working on them and have access to the most up to date source code?
It seems there are many coders willing to help - but it's hard if we can't find the source code.

Tips anyone? The most recent code repository I found was about 1 year old.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
waza-ari

Hi,

i have a Toshiba Dynadock USB3.0 docking station. As of all others, Ethernet and USB Hub is working, Audio and Display not.

I just have limited coding experience, but would be happy to help (testing etc).

Is there any eta? Would really love to use the displays with my Ubuntu nativly withoud needing to emulate it via VMware or similar...

Regards
waza
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
rektide

Very anxious to have linux support for this as well.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
noleti

I am another customer who already bought a Lenovo USB 3 dock - anticipating that DisplayLink would be supported by Ubuntu. I am very disappointed that apparently there are no plans to add support for this platform.
In particular, I feel cheated because I trusted your FAQ entry:

"Does it work with Linux?

An open source driver is available, which is now built into the Linux kernel. Linux support for DisplayLink devices is supported by the Linux community."

I should have followed the links to find a 2 years dead project...

I use Linux as a professional since 8+ years and I personally couldn't care less about DRM, as I never watch any media over the display. I would appreciate, however, being able to use my text editor and browser with my dock. Right now it is only a 200$ brick providing the same functionality as my 25$ usb-ethernet adapter.

If this is a question of money - let us know. I would donate you 100$ for a working driver right away, and I will not be the only one

Regards

Last edited by noleti; 11-22-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
Damian Ivanov

Default No

I have bought a couple of the UD165 chips for personal and corporate users. I'm happy I didn't buy the Dl3XXX yet. I will buy the UD3000 from plugable I guess when you have drivers for the only sane operating system (guess you got the hint).
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
pythonholum

Default I too am waiting for a linux driver for the DL-3xxx Series

I do have a work around ( I have a windows vm that I pass the usb device through ) but I can only get usb 2.x speeds on it and would LOVE to have direct support, even a rough eta would be helpful. Also an open source driver would be prefered, but even a propriatary bianary only driver for ubuntu would be at least an improvement
Old 12-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #18
smertrios

Default waiting for linux support too

+1

I've been following the Pluggable site for a while, hoping to see some "official" support for Linux. I'm another biz user with 100% Linux shop...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #19
TimInColorado

Unhappy No Linux Support?!

I am yet another Linux user, and I picked up a Plugable USB 3.0 Laptop Docking Station...only to discover belatedly that there are no Linux drivers.

I also don't care at all whether it supports HDMI content protection. Since it's impossible to get a commercial BluRay player on Linux regardless, there's no point in worrying about supporting it on Linux at all.

So can someone please post an ETA for drivers without DRM support?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #20
bolapara

Another Linux user here who would like to use DisplayLink... Any time lines?
Closed Thread