Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
nunzig

Default Mirroring display with laptop

Hi chaps

Just received our first display link device. it is model: WS-UG17H2.

Installed the driver it shipped with (1.6b3) on a MacBook (2Ghz core duo running 10.5.8)

All worked first time (yay!) however.... We are planning to run this display in 'clamshell' mode as a presentation machine.

So, i opened display prefs, set the external hdmi display to 1920 x 1080, and then set the displays to mirror. I then shut the display.

I pressed the mouse to 'wake' the laptop up..it makes the usual noises (polls the DVD drive) but nothing on the HDMI display.

So I assume the machine has not 'woken' however when i open the screen, it has been dutifully accepting my mouse presses and key strokes (i had a text edit document open!)

Assuming it was a driver issue, i downloaded the latest beta (1.7b5...hence my post here). Same problem.
A few forum users reported closing the lid and pulling the usb cable out and reconnecting it when it is shut...tried it, but it didn't work here!

Interestingly we have been using this same machine using a DVI to HDMI adaptor for a few months and it works fine (we are only moving to HDMI to get audio out as well) so I am pretty sure the machine is working OK...but happy to be corrected.

OK, so that's all I have.

Does any one out there have any suggestions on how or why this may not be working? Or what else i could try?

Any and all feedback or suggestions are welcome.

ciao for now.

nunz