Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
imercado

Default 2.6 Beta Drivers fail on El Capitan 10.116 Beta 2 (build 15G12a)

Yesterday, the DisplayLink drivers seized up on El Capitan 10.11.6 Beta 2 and would not successfully drive the monitor after unplugging and replugging in the USB 3.0/2.0 adapter (White...made after February 2014). When unplugged, OS X still showed the monitor as connected and I was unable to retrieve certain windows that were still displaying on that monitor until I switched to Mirrored mode. I manually killed the DisplayLink* processes in Activity Monitor, and when plugging in the USB cable it briefly displayed an image, but then stopped working within seconds, freezing the image on the DisplayLink adapter's display.

Am upgrading to El Capitan 10.11.6 Beta 3 and will go back to the non-beta DisplayLink drivers to see if it helps.
imercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
rayj

Quote:
Originally Posted by imercado View Post
Yesterday, the DisplayLink drivers seized up on El Capitan 10.11.6 Beta 2 and would not successfully drive the monitor after unplugging and replugging in the USB 3.0/2.0 adapter (White...made after February 2014). When unplugged, OS X still showed the monitor as connected and I was unable to retrieve certain windows that were still displaying on that monitor until I switched to Mirrored mode. I manually killed the DisplayLink* processes in Activity Monitor, and when plugging in the USB cable it briefly displayed an image, but then stopped working within seconds, freezing the image on the DisplayLink adapter's display.

Am upgrading to El Capitan 10.11.6 Beta 3 and will go back to the non-beta DisplayLink drivers to see if it helps.
Are you able to get this to work on 10.11.6? I'm on 10.11.6 final and I'm seeing the device under hardware/usb 3.0/ and it shows up as a 3rd display, but I don't get any video. The latest beta drivers currently on DisplayLink Mac is 2.6 beta 1 released 10 Jun 2016 says it works for 10.11 but the release notes states only 10.11.5 and below. Maybe it worked for you because you were on the beta version of 10.11 of El Capitan, so it may be a mute point.

Thanks
rayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi All,

Do you still have issues on 10.11.6? It's all working OK for us.
When working on systems that went through multiple OS betas installations an uninstall and reinstall may help.

Our release notes always state the latest version we've been able to test before releasing, in general later minor updates should work unless Apple makes some significant changes to the graphics subsystem.

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote