Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
eholohan

Exclamation Trouble with 2.4b1 & OmniGraffle

Greetings DL folks:

I seem to be encountering an issue when upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4b1 - OmniGraffle crashes when opening a document while 2.4b1 is installed, regardless of whether the adapter is connected. I've tested and the behavior is the same on two different Macs running Yosemite. Reverting to 2.3 solves the crash.

The specific error logged to console seems to call out an overridden function in Cocoa Autolayout.

Quote:
2015-03-16 13:33:36.031 CDT OmniGraffle: Layout still needs update after calling -[NSScrollView layout]. NSScrollView or one of its superclasses may have overridden -layout without calling super. Or, something may have dirtied layout in the middle of updating it. Both are programming errors in Cocoa Autolayout. The former is pretty likely to arise if some pre-Cocoa Autolayout class had a method called layout, but it should be fixed.
Please let me know what other logs would be helpful and I'll send them over! Also, I tested this both with a previously installed & licensed copy of OmniGraffle, as well as a cleanly installed unregistered copy: it crashed both times, so you should be able to install a trial copy on a debug machine and reproduce it.

- Ed
eholohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi eholohan,

We can reproduce this issue. Interestingly I have an older version and it does not have problems.
We'll investigate and in case contact the Omni Group. They're outstanding devs and will certainly help in getting to a resolution quickly.

Thank you!
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
jormsby

Just to add some additional information:

I have the same issue. I am running OS X 10.9.5 and running OmniGraffle 6.0.5 (the latest version that runs on Mavericks).

Reverting to DisplayLink 2.3 resolved the issue.

Last edited by jormsby; 04-28-2015 at 04:39 PM.
jormsby is offline   Reply With Quote