Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
gaetgodi

Thumbs up Cannot install over older version

This problem started when windows asked me to update my DisplayLink and I said ok. I have sinced uninstalled it from Control Panel, there is no evidence of DisplayLink in the registry that I can find.

I searched my whole hard drive, there is no DisplayLinkCore.msi file there.

My operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit. Until this morning everything was working fine with my three monitors (including the laptop one). Now I am down to two monitors...

Anything you can do to help me restore my third monitor? I am using Arkview USB 2.0 Display Adapter.
Thanks,
gg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	install.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	277  

Last edited by Pawel; 02-08-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please uninstall the older version of DisplayLink software by following the instructions in this FAQ, install the v5.5M1 driver from our website and see if that helps.

Regards
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
gaetgodi

Thumbs up

I had read that FAQ and done all those steps. I found an older install version on my computer late last night and tried that install, did not work either. So I stopped trying. I restarted my computer this am and lo and behold, it worked. I now have Displaylink version 5.5.29055.0 installed. The DisplayLink Graphic application does not seem to be there anymore. Looks like someone did something right. I am happy with my 3 monitors in front of me right now. Thanks.
gg

Last edited by Pawel; 02-08-2011 at 02:52 PM.