Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #21
acky

Can't you mirror the file? I had to register for the forums just to download it.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #22
eXyr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
I'm running a Diamond BVUMD3 and running a Dell 2208WFP display.

The Dell display can rotate 90deg. The old driver supported 90deg rotation, but this new beta2 driver does not.

Do you know if this was an oversight or if this will be added in the future?

Thanks
same problem for me. never used this function in snow leopard, so i do not know wether the old software was able to rotate or not.but now i need this function and it isn't working
hope it will be added soon

BUT GOOD NEWS: beta2 is working under Lion great work, missed my third screen *thumbsup*
Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXyr0w View Post
same problem for me. never used this function in snow leopard, so i do not know wether the old software was able to rotate or not.but now i need this function and it isn't working
hope it will be added soon

BUT GOOD NEWS: beta2 is working under Lion great work, missed my third screen *thumbsup*
Have you tried to use this trick http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=301. If the System Preference app is already open, close it and reopen it before using the "Command+Option+click" trick.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #24
wojtekcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Have you tried to use this trick http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=301. If the System Preference app is already open, close it and reopen it before using the "Command+Option+click" trick.
This is so cool :-) It's working for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #25
eXyr0w

Quote:
You made my day, it's working for me, too.
Even if i have to unplug my DisplayLink, because the "Display" isnt showing a normal picture. If i replug the DL, everything is fine.

Somebody know, wether this trick is working in final Lion too?
It would be bad, if apple disables this trick in final lion.

king regards,
eX
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #26
ayanich

Default no luck on rotation

So I am not having any luck with rotation on the beta2 driver. The option is never presented to me and I have tried the cmd+option display preferences trick as well as multiple reboots.

any other suggestions?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanich View Post
So I am not having any luck with rotation on the beta2 driver. The option is never presented to me and I have tried the cmd+option display preferences trick as well as multiple reboots.

any other suggestions?
Can you please use the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output? Thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #28
creamhackered

I have a bit of a major bug with my Kensington adaptor. I am running Lion GM on my iMac 27". I have a 27" Cinema display attached and a 24" Samsung monitor running in rotated 90 degree mode. When I sleep and attempt to resume, the primary iMac display is blank. The DisplayLink display (samsung) and 27" Cinema Display both work. Any ideas?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #29
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamhackered View Post
I have a bit of a major bug with my Kensington adaptor. I am running Lion GM on my iMac 27". I have a 27" Cinema display attached and a 24" Samsung monitor running in rotated 90 degree mode. When I sleep and attempt to resume, the primary iMac display is blank. The DisplayLink display (samsung) and 27" Cinema Display both work. Any ideas?
Does the problem still occur with a simpler setup, just using the DisplayLink display with standard rotation and removing the Cinema Display? Or just using the Cinema and not the DisplayLink display?
Could you please use the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and send us the logs? Thanks
Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #30
creamhackered

Quote:
Does the problem still occur with a simpler setup, just using the DisplayLink display with standard rotation and removing the Cinema Display? Or just using the Cinema and not the DisplayLink display?
Could you please use the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and send us the logs? Thanks
Weirdly enough it seems to happen with JUST the 27" Cinema display connected. My old setup used to be the 24" Samsung connected via DVI to the mini display port. Any idea why a 27" cinema display would make a difference?