Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
creamhackered

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamhackered View Post
Weirdly enough it seems to happen with JUST the 27" Cinema display connected. My old setup used to be the 24" Samsung connected via DVI to the mini display port. Any idea why a 27" cinema display would make a difference?
Actually ignore this, I removed DisplayLink and it's working fine. Looks like the age old Kernel Extensions problem?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
ChristianP

Quote:
Actually ignore this, I removed DisplayLink and it's working fine. Looks like the age old Kernel Extensions problem?
It could be a kernel extension issue, could you please upload your logs using the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #33
creamhackered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
It could be a kernel extension issue, could you please upload your logs using the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks
OK here we go, took this after I resumed the iMac but the iMac display remained blank.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (295.3 KB, 941 views)
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #34
kentaro42

Default quicktime/Netflix safari not working full screen

Ok so I think this has to do with lion and how it deals with quicktime and full screen windows. So I opened up quicktime and I hit full screen which used to magically full screen on the window it was already on. It seems to only full screen on your main window. So I think this is a lion quicktime issue.

HOWEVER, netflix with safari is definitely something that can be fixed for mimo. I opened up netflix and went full screen on each window. Silverlight allows you to full screen in an individual monitor without affecting your work on other screens.

I tried with mimo and it doesn't allow me to click full screen. The other curious thing is that the controls on the video player in netflix also do not work. I tried this with 2 monitors and the only one not working was mimo.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #35
Carlo
Mac Team

We received great feedback from this forum and we're still sorting the issues in one pile that we can fix and a pile than only Apple can fix.
The plan is to release a new beta asap with some key fixes that are in our domain. We'll then continue testing/fixing and release a Product Release once the only critical issues left are in the Apple bucket.
Now that Lion is released we can raise technical incidents with Apple and this will help of course.
In any case keep the feedback coming to shorten the time needed to fix any issues!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
creamhackered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
We received great feedback from this forum and we're still sorting the issues in one pile that we can fix and a pile than only Apple can fix.
The plan is to release a new beta asap with some key fixes that are in our domain. We'll then continue testing/fixing and release a Product Release once the only critical issues left are in the Apple bucket.
Now that Lion is released we can raise technical incidents with Apple and this will help of course.
In any case keep the feedback coming to shorten the time needed to fix any issues!
Thanks Carlo. Any ideas whether my issue (blank iMac display) is in the Apple fix bucket or DisplayLink fix bucket?

Thank you
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #37
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Thanks Carlo. Any ideas whether my issue (blank iMac display) is in the Apple fix bucket or DisplayLink fix bucket?

Thank you
I'm afraid this issue is still in the Mystery bucket. However we did make a change that will be in b3 and that could help or at the very least give us more information in the logs.
Once the b3 is available please try it and let us know if anything changes. If not we'll give you instructions about how to enable more verbose logging.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
creamhackered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
I'm afraid this issue is still in the Mystery bucket. However we did make a change that will be in b3 and that could help or at the very least give us more information in the logs.
Once the b3 is available please try it and let us know if anything changes. If not we'll give you instructions about how to enable more verbose logging.
OK sounds good Any idea when beta 3 will be available?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #39
creamhackered

no change with beta 3