Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release

Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
jasgg_dplnk

Default I might have found some workaround

I all,

As must of you, I m struggling with this thing Mac DP (3500) drivers.

I use a MBP i7 2012/ 16GB and 2 Dell U2713h & HM monitors.
Today I tried the DP daisy chain with another U2713H, but all I could get was a mirrored display the same as the U2713H.

Yesterday I stumbled on something while I was using one of my working VM's, actually a W8.1 Ent version, and I accidentally connected the Dongle, and voila, the windows recognized the 2 displays and is been working since then, on win for now.

Mouse is still sluggish but usable and the transitions from the wallpapers are now clear and on a very acceptable frame rate.
Has I also have some eye issues I use a lot the zoom Mac feature, and that is not working well, since I loose the cursor on zoom, but I zoo out and the zoom in again, for now doable.

The trick was I connected the dongle AFTER powering up the MAC and the Win VM.

Since the actual idea is to have it connect all the time, but for some of you it can work. I have only the beta drivers on MAC nothing on the VM.

Also I'm using Parallels V9 latest build.
a
I was retuning the dongle but now, i think I can wait until the support team can solve this issue, since Maverick is not out yet they might no be very concern with that.

Hope this can help someone.

Regards
JG
jasgg_dplnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
dcoulson

Did your DisplayLink adapter connect to the Mac, or to the Win8 Virtual Machine? You should be able to check your Mac display settings to see how many displays it thinks are connected.

Sounds like it connected to Windows, automatically installed the drivers from flash, then just came up as a seperate display for the VM. You could also look in Windows device manager (or whatever it might be called now) and see if Windows sees the DL adapter as a USB device.
dcoulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
jasgg_dplnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulson View Post
Did your DisplayLink adapter connect to the Mac, or to the Win8 Virtual Machine? You should be able to check your Mac display settings to see how many displays it thinks are connected.

Sounds like it connected to Windows, automatically installed the drivers from flash, then just came up as a separate display for the VM. You could also look in Windows device manager (or whatever it might be called now) and see if Windows sees the DL adapter as a USB device.
HI,
I can see two displays in Mac.
In windows I can see two also but Windows is NOT directly connected to the USB dongle, so it must be inheriting it from the Mac Display info, and thru the Parallels driver.

When I switched to Mac desktop to see if it sees the 2 monitors, when I got back to the Win VM I lost the second monitor view, but Windows kept saying that was there a second one. I had to suspend the VM and get restart it to get back the 2nd display view back.

Hope this help.
jasgg_dplnk is offline   Reply With Quote