Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #141
banderson5586

I am in contact with Dell. (I'm assuming) They are one of DisplayLinks larger customers and right now DisplayLink is hurting their customer experience and revenues. Hopefully they can get traction where we cannot. I will not stop pressing the issue with Dell until they confirm a Dell representative has reached out to DisplayLink.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #142
banderson5586

I read a comment by Wim from a couple years back stating that HDCP was one of the reasons an open source implementation is not supported. Is that the issue that is keeping this from being developed?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #143
billq

Default Isn't it really about time?

This thread started June, 2012, and is 15 pages long.

My employer uses Linux desktops extensively for all engineers and programmers, and would love to be able to support DisplayLink on USB 3.0 docks. That's roughly 2000 desktops.

What does it take for some folks to realize that the Linux desktop is viable and in use?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #144
chralph

Default Alternatives

We have just purchased the Dell Displaylink DL3100 to go with our dell xps 13 laptops and obviously it does not work with linux. Does anyone know of any work arounds or any other docking stations that can be bought that will work with this kit?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chralph
Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #145
LaurentG

Default DL-3xxx series still can't be used on Linux ?

Hi,

I have a new Inspiron 7000 and they is now Ethernet Connector on this Slim laptop ! It is very enoying, I am obliged to use a Docking Station that doesn't work on Linux

I'm also very interested in Linux support for the DL-3xxx chipsets.
Any update on the ETA jet?

Someone knows any other solution ?

regards,
Laurent
Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #146
LaurentG

Default DL-X product sent back to reseller...

Hi,

Finaly, a simple USB to Ethenet (TrendNet) allows me Laptop (Linux OS, Ubuntu Gnome) to have Ethernet connection. And the Second Screen is done by laptop HDMI output.

So don't need DisplayLink product anymore for me, sorry...

Regards,
Laurent
Old 01-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #147
banderson5586

Display Link is most likely ignoring this thread as well as Facebook posts about a Linux driver.

Rather than posting and getting ignored by Display Link I suggest everyone on this thread reach out to their hardware manufacturer and don't stop until they raise the issue with Display Link.

I am still working my way through the trenches that is Dell customer support but I have no need for Belkin, Targus or Lenovo products so I suggest someone else who would purchase those products (or any other) reach out and do the same thing I am doing with Dell.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:12 AM   #148
notmy1realname

Default USB 3.0 USB Adapters

I echo the disappointment that is evident throughout this thread.

How could I help support the support of DL-3xxx chipsets for Linux?

Also, here's the most relevant report I was able to find regarding similar requests from the community:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1376771

I can't program, but I'd be happy to support financially.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #149
blu_oreo

Having the same issue, just bought a DA100 for my DELL XPS and using a Ubuntu linux and need to use the features of the adapter especially network and VGA....any news on the topic?
Would really appreaciate help in solving the issue.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #150
blu_oreo

I know there should be some official support from DisplayLink, but as a matter of fact there isn't yet.
I guess most of the people writing in this post have some form of programming knowledge. Can't we organize in some way to make it our own? Let's build from the bottom up this driver we all want and need!!

Looking forward to you reactions.

PS: I don't know where to start otherwise I would already be busy with that! :-)
Closed Thread