Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #31
Phil Meads

Angry It's been two more weeks with no answer from lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi Philip, etc,

Please fefer to Wim's post for the reasons why we have to include the block. I realise this is vague, but the reason is not of a technical nature, and is instead legal. This is the reason why I left it up to another department to respond, rather than getting myself fired.

It is not possible at the moment, therefore, to remove the block. I and the rest of displaylink understand your frustrations and we are constantly monitoring the situation.

Best regards,
Martin.
It's been two more weeks with no answer from your legal department as why they insist on blocking us users of Windows Server 2008 from access to DisplayLink.

I have three unused monitors attached to my DELL server that is running as a workstation (with RAID 5 and error-correcting ram). Please get your legal department to be reasonable. (I suspect none of us has any interest in your "thin client" product.)
Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #32
solomon

Default How about Windows Home Server at least?

Would it be possible to make the installer permit Windows Home Server - which does have Server 2003 SBS underlying but should be uniquely identifiable.

That seems like it should not run afoul of the thin clients and still fill a huge hole for those of us who want to better manage the headless WHS boxes out there.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Old 12-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #33
joeldhall

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi Philip, etc,

Please fefer to Wim's post for the reasons why we have to include the block. I realise this is vague, but the reason is not of a technical nature, and is instead legal. This is the reason why I left it up to another department to respond, rather than getting myself fired.

It is not possible at the moment, therefore, to remove the block. I and the rest of displaylink understand your frustrations and we are constantly monitoring the situation.

Best regards,
Martin.
I as well just purchased a USB monitor that uses Display Link drivers. I am running a Windows 7 HyperV image, on a Server 2008 R2 machine. Is there any way to get this working without drivers that work with Server 2008 R2? And if not, why is there still no drivers for Server 2008 R2, or at least some workaround or beta driver? If it is indeed a legal issue, then the issue should be made public to customers so we know what is going on, rather than keeping us in the dark. Right now I just have an expensive paper weight sitting on my desk
Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #34
Phil Meads

Angry Another month has gone by without any response from the legal people.

When are your legal people going to treat us fairly? It's been a half a year!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #35
Phil Meads

Angry Windows Server 2008 still rejected

It's been another half year with no progress.

Recall that I started last June with an ASUS VW223B, downloaded the DisplayLink software for a 64 bit VISTA machine and found that it worked fine with one added monitor on my DELL PowerEdge T605 with Windows Server 2008.

I then added two more monitors through Diamond BVU160 adapters only to find that adding more monitors caused DisplayLink to bomb, requiring uninstallation followed by re-installation.

I tried this on my laptop running Windows 7, and it also bombed with more than one added monitor. However, downloading a more recent version allowed Windows 7 to more or less run with multiple added monitors.

But I have been denied the use of newer corrected versions of DisplayLink on my DELL machine (which I use purely as a workstation).

I have written here, I have sent letters to DisplayLink personnel, including the legal department, but there have been no responses in over a half a year.

I am really irritated at being denied the use of equipment for which I paid a fair amount of money. Please remove your nasty requirement that denies me the use of your recent corrections, such as version 5.3

Philip F. Meads, Jr., Ph.D.
retired accelerator physicist
Old 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #36
Phil Meads

Is anyone at DisplayLink paying any attention to these posts?????